Facharzt für Allgemeinmedizin
Präventions-, Ernährungs-, Sport- und Palliativmedizin
- 11% of the world’s population are undernourished – this means they have a caloric intake below minimum energy requirements.
- 820 million people globally are undernourished.
- 22% of children younger than five are ‘stunted’ – they are significantly shorter than the average for their age, as a consequence of poor nutrition or repeated infection.
- 9% of the world population – around 697 million people – are severely food insecure.
- The world now produces more than four times the quantity of meat as it did fifty years ago. In 2013, production was around 320 million tonnes.
- 80 billion animals are slaughtered each year for meat.
- The average person in the world consumed around 43 kilograms of meat in 2014. This ranges from over 100kg in the US and Australia to only 5kg in India.