- The UN projects that the global population increases from a population of 7.7 billion in 2019 to 11.2 billion by the end of the century. By that time, the UN projects, fast global population growth will come to an end.
- 15,000 children die every day – Child mortality is an everyday tragedy of enormous scale that rarely makes the headlines
- Child mortality rates have declined in all world regions, but the world is not on track to reach the Sustainable Development Goal for child mortality
- 5.4 million children died in 2017 – Where did these children die?
- More than 4 billion people live in urban areas globally.